Scheduler/Receptionist - Physician's Office - Full Time
Oklahoma Spine Hospital’s first priority is our patients. From our center’s design to our outpatient process, everything we do is for the care and comfort of those who need us.
Before you apply for a position, please take a moment to read our Five Pillars of Excellence. Each applicant will be expected to work by these standards, so make sure you understand them before you apply.
To apply for any of our current open positions, please either download our paper application or click the link below to apply online.
Medical Office Scheduler / Receptionist - Physicians Office - Full Time
Date Posted: 01/15/2020
Type: Full Time - Hourly
Under supervision of Office Manager, provides secretarial support in an Physician Office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive and greet visitor, patients, and staff members in a professional manner.
- When required, places patients in rooms; Verifies patient information by interviewing patient for pain information, location; recording medical history; confirms purpose of visit; Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Relays information to patients regarding preparation for laboratory tests and examinations.
- Assists patients or family members with completion of pre-registration forms.
- Obtains pre-certifications as required by patients' health care insurers or managed care providers.
- Informs patients of costs of care. Collects and post fees according to protocols; prepares and balances daily financial registers and submits all forms and fees to the billing department.
- Answers telephone, Scans in paperwork, screens callers, relays messages, greets visitors, opens, sorts and screens mail.
- Maintains calendar, schedules appointments and meeting rooms.
- Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Assures the readiness of the reception area for each working day; open the office at the designated;
- time and ensures all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality in all aspects of patient health information, proprietary information, and employee information.
- Manages customer/patient interactions in a professional manner; responds promptly to requests for service and assistance, and meets those commitments.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values of OSH through words and actions, and implements them into department processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six (6) months related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR certification required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Ability to work well under pressure, to write routine correspondence, to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, to prioritize and organize, perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.