Careers - Pre Admit Testing Nurse (LPN) - Full Time
Oklahoma Spine Hospital’s first priority is our patients. From our center’s design to our outpatient process, everything we do is for the care and comfort of those who need us.
Before you apply for a position, please take a moment to read our core values. Each applicant will be expected to work by these standards, so make sure you understand them before you apply.
To apply for any of our current open positions, please either download our paper application or click the link below to apply online.
Pre Admit Testing Nurse (LPN) - Full Time
Date Posted: 11/20/2018
Type: Full Time - 40 hrs per week - Variable - must be available to be available to be flexible.
Collaborates with medical screening team to coordinate pre-operative diagnostic tests, medical consults, etc.; gathering information to ensure patient has been medically cleared before day of surgery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department and facility.
- Monitors the pre-admission testing schedule and supports the departments needs for coordinating an efficient workflow each day.
- Performs essential computer functions, including log-ins, order entry documentation and patient schedules.
- Prepares surgical chart and confirms all components are in place prior to day of surgery.
- Acts as a staff resource for clinical issues and responds to patient questions and concerns via phone or in person.
- Follows the process for care and maintenance of equipment, including printers and copiers, and is able to problem solve in an event of a malfunction.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the State of Oklahoma as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current BLS Certification.
- One (1) year of recent experience preferred.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written. Computer skills required.
- Ability to work within a team and ensure quality patient care.
- Strong Critical thinking skills and ability to Priopritize a must.