Careers - PCU Clinical Manager
Oklahoma Spine Hospital’s first priority is our patients. From our center’s design to our outpatient process, everything we do is for the care and comfort of those who need us.
Before you apply for a position, please take a moment to read our OSH habits. Each applicant will be expected to work by these habits, so make sure you understand them before you apply.
To apply for any of our current open positions, please either download our paper application or click the link below to apply online.
PCU Clinical Manager - PCU
Date Posted: 10/18/2017
Under the direction of the COO, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the 25-bed inpatient Patient Care Unit (PCU). Manages personnel, urgent and emergent situations as they arise, facilitates communication inter/intra departmentally and participates in hospital-wide initiatives. Also, ensures compliance with regulatory body requirements. Is involved in special projects as dictated by Unit and hospital needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of personnel management including hiring, orientation, scheduling according to Unit needs, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Annual performance reviews
- Annual budget and fiscal management of the department
- Reports as required by hospital-wide committees
- Participation in the strategic plan of the hospital and in hospital-wide committees
- Fiscal management including labor costs and capital equipment
- Work closely with physicians to ensure optimal outcomes and ensure physician satisfaction
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN required
- Effective communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to manage a team and work within a team to ensure quality patient care
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function as a working manager if needed to cover staffing on an occasional basis
- Strong interaction with patients to promote satisfaction and service recovery if needed
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years experience as an RN in a patient care setting with demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability. Previous management experience preferred
- Current RN licensure by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, current CPR and ACLS certifications
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and EHR systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English