Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Physician's Office - Full Time
Oklahoma Spine Hospital’s first priority is our patients. From our center’s design to our outpatient process, everything we do is for the care and comfort of those who need us.
Before you apply for a position, please take a moment to read our OSH habits. Each applicant will be expected to work by these habits, so make sure you understand them before you apply.
To apply for any of our current open positions, please either download our paper application or click the link below to apply online.
Physician Office LPN
Date Posted: 03/30/2021
Type: Full Time - Hourly
Physician's Office LPN
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides for patient safety, comfort, physical and emotional needs with dignity and follows scope of practice.
- Performs assessments of patients under the direction of Dr. Nguyen, utilizing the nursing process.
- Critically thinks to identify abnormalities and utilizing the nursing resources appropriately, i.e.: physician, anesthesia provider and other departments and staff.
- Documents medical information in the patient chart during the intake process.
- Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care completely, accurately and in a legible manner in the patients' record.
- Performs telephone calls to all patients after procedures to check patient's pain status and follow up procedures.
- Document patient chart with outcome of contact with patient.
- Is accountable for the patient/family education in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure understanding.
- Maintains Critical Skills and Equipment Skills as defined for designated assignment/roles.
- Is knowledgeable and follows process for care and maintenance of equipment.
- Responds appropriately to irregularities and/or emergency situations through initiation of Rapid Response team and/or ACLS protocol.
- Supervises and/or provides all nursing care provided to an assigned patient population. Any delegated care is based on the abilities and limitations of care, personnel, and patient acuity.
- Contributes to the productivity and professional environmenet of the department and facility.
- Demonstrates competent professional practice.
- Assists office staff with any needed office procedures including but not limited to filing, phones calls, apppintment scheduling and any other requested assistance needed in order to maintain a functioning clinic.
- Collaborates and communicates with the medical care/nursing team and other departments, including ancillary services.
- Utilizes proper sterile technique and manages sterile areas appropriately per infection control guidelines and hospital policy.
- Supports the concept of Continuous Quality Improvement by utilizing the techniques and processes to solve problems and (re)design procedures and processes.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- One (1) to three (3) years recent experience in acute care setting.
- Current licensure in the State of Oklahoma as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current BLS certification; ACLS and certification is required within 90 days of employment.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking skills.